Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Kristi's Summer Syllabus 2013

In an attempt to hold myself accountable for continuous learning, I am posting my Summer Syllabus and will be updating weekly on my progress.

I do want to add one caveat...I may not get to some of these books until July. I will be teaching Summer School Session 1 and am taking a Young Adult Literature class for my Master's degree during the month of June. I will post about my learning experiences throughout the week, though.

Read the following books:

1. Readicide by Kelly Gallagher
2. What's the Big Idea?: Question-Driven Units to Motivate Reading, Writing, and Thinking by Jim
     Burke*
3. Creating Innovators: The Making of Young People Who Will Change the World by Dr. Tony
     Wagner

*Reading this book and designing question-driven units is part of my school improvement goal for next year.

Prepare the following:
1. Refine the English 12 CP Quarterly Assessments. Thanks to my English 12 CP team, this task should not be too monumental.

2. Prepare the major readings and assessments for Quarter 1. I would like to do this for all four quarters, but as I am taking two summer class and teaching a session of summer school, I need to make sure I have obtainable goals.

I look forward to learning this summer! May the creative juices flow.

Until,

Kristi Manduka

No comments:

Post a Comment